Dinner with Usagi / 天兔下的晚餐
星期六晚上,天文台宣佈颱風天兔逼近,呼籲市民及早回家做好防‘兔’設施,連CNN都形容它為‘超級颱風’。偏偏,我和密友選中了這天提前慶祝她的生日。幸運的是,當晚一滴雨都沒有降落到中環蘇豪區。
在網上看到這家法/西式餐廳 Le Moment,第一眼就比它的外墻吸引。玻璃的門口和白色的外墻,裏面的燭光隱約透出,頓時給人一個感覺帶點浪漫,溫暖的小屋。
平時這家店很多人,加想廚房和店裏空間有限,必然要等等等。。。
但是,當晚大家都怕了天兔,店裏一個人都沒有!哈哈,我只好包場!
On a saturday night, the Observatory has announced the approaching of typhoon Usagi, the public were urged to get home early to take precautions against "rabbit." Even CNN has described it as "super typhoon." Yet, my bff and I happened to pick this day to celebrate her birthday ahead. Fortunately, not a single raindrop has landed in Soho Central that night.
Found this French/Western restaurant Le Moment while I was looking for a decent place to dine in online. And the first thing that caught my eyes from this place is actually its exterior. I adore the narrow glass entrance and white wall inside and out, and the faint candlelight escaping through the glass, just gave me a hint of romantic and warm cabin feeling.
On its usual days, you expect long line-up because its kitchen and dining area is small, they got only one chef. However, that night we had the whole place for our private use as people are probably rusing home!!
另外,老闆真的很健談,他好像不會說中文並會一直同你講酒的話題。同埋我相信他可以是一個好厲害的sales,一直不停地推銷他的酒和茶,結果我當然逃不過啦,誰叫我是唯一的客人嘛。看過網上的評語,有些客人對他的態度不太滿意,有些則喜歡他的熱情啦。但總體而言,我覺得食物很不錯!
In addition, the boss is really chatty!! He doesn't seem to speak Chinese and obviously he is a wine connoisseur as he kept on bombarding you with topics around wine tasting. I believe he could be a persuasive sales too as he constantly insists us to try his wine and tea, claiming he won't charge us if we do not like it. Well, I couldn't turn down anymore and ordered both his white wine and tea he picked for us (sigh..lol). I have read some reviews of this place, customers hold two extreme sides when it comes to his pushy attitude. But overall, I think the food is pretty good!
(由於忘記拍薩拉和餐湯,從網上找的圖片, 大概像這樣 〈笑〉)
(左) 三文魚薩拉不錯,但沒有驚喜,較爲乾身,爽口
(右) 番茄湯,看似沒什麽材料,但入口有濃濃的番茄味,又不會太酸,餐前開胃,真的恰到好處,不錯!
(left) smoked salmon salad: its alright, but no surprise, refreshing overall
(right) Tomato soup: it doesnt have too much ingredients, but it has a thick delicious tomatoes taste, not too sour which is perfect & enough to stimulate your appetite before the main dishes.
(Set menu: 包括三文魚薩拉,是日餐湯)
(左)大蒜奶油烤大明蝦 $228:烤得剛好,蝦滲透了奶油、蒜頭、胡椒、香草味, 又不會掩蓋蝦的鮮味, 旁邊配有馬鈴薯泥和黃瓜,讓你口裏不會覺得乏味,真的太好食!
(右)美國頂級安格斯肋眼牛排佐紅酒醬$268:我們叫了半熟牛扒,面頭已經烤得很熟,沒有血汁流出,但裏面是紅的 (我不太敢吃太生的肉,對我來說剛剛好)。肉質柔嫩不錯,不過比我想象中薄身。配埋醬汁,幫牛扒加了不小分,整體我覺得幾好食!
(Set menu: include salad and soup)
(left) Grilled Mayanmarian striped prawn w/ garlic butter sauce $228: grilled just right, the shrimp is infiltrated with butter, garlic, pepper and herbs, yet did not cover up the flavory of shrimp, on the side with mashed potatoes and cucumbers, keep your mouth busy! Overall very good!
(right) Grilled US Prime Angus Rib eye w/ cabernet reduction sauce $268: We ordered medium-rare, the surface is pretty roasted, inside is still raw (I personally couldn't stand any blood flowing out)
the meat is quite tender, but thinner than i expected. The sauce (something like bbq)also goes well with the rib! Another thumb up for this!
(右)烤巧克力梨: 這個我覺得一般,食落軟身,但中間的梨沒什麽味道,比朱古力味掩蓋左
(left) ♥Fallen Angel Chocolate lava cake $78: This lava cake is definitely one of the best I have eaten. The lava cake is served in a cup with alot of cream on top (the cream tasted very refreshing and sweet, not gona make you feel sick even you consume alot), and then you dig a hole in the middle & pour coffee into it. These three matches perfectly!! MUST TRY!
(right) Baked Pear Chocolate crumble $58: Its pretty soft although i thought its gona be crunchy at first sight, but I can't really tell its pear cause the chocolate flavor has covered it up. I'll say its soso.
地址:中環蘇豪卑利街55號
Address: G/F 55 Peel St., Soho, Central







No comments:
Post a Comment