Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Crazy Haul in Seoul - 買瘋首爾 ! part 2

Day 4-Nami Island

You can either take train or metro to Nami Island, but since we missed the train & wouldn't want to wait an hr, we took metro from Myeongdong > transfer at Dongdaemun > Cheongnyangni (line towards Jungang) > Sangbong > Gapyeong > and taxi to Gapyeong Wharf (around 10 mins taxi-ride only)

We wanted to take skyline zip wire to Nami Island at first, I was having cold sweat on the taxi while debating with my friend whether we should try the zipline or just take the mundane ferry...I have acrophobia to the point that I froze while taking long escalator...anyway after I made up my mind to try, a lady told me to weigh myself on a scale .....and WHAT!? I DO NOT WEIGH ENOUGH TO TAKE THE SKYLINE!! (right, I am actually relieved while showing a disappointed face to my friend lol)  
We do not have a lot of time that day & pretty much drained from all the walking previously...so we hopped on a little train to go across the other side of Nami Island.


The scenery is nice but not as I expected, red leaves have pretty much fallen off. Autumn & winter time will probably be a better visiting time when its covered in RED or WHITE forest.

Day 5-Shopping, food & wrap up


Dongdaemun is a great shopping heaven, but some locals said its still not the best place to shop as its mainly wholesale. I went to Dongdaemun for 2 nights, the best part of it, its open till midnight, and still lots of people on the road at 3am!! I wonder do most Korean stay up that late huh? Anyway, we discovered a "BAG HEAVEN" randomly (I think the mall is call N.P.N.) . It has 3 levels all sectioned into small store of the trendiest handbags of ALL KINDS, ALL SIZE, ALL COLORS YOU CAN EVER DREAM OF. And its all sold at wholesale price!! (I don't think I can find such price, quality & design of handbag in H.K.) I am still suffering from post-shopping syndrome whenever I saw my $70 HKD clutch...man, I should have gotten another color too!! haha

*comfy shoes are must-buy goodies from Seoul too


Most of the meals in Seoul are spicy, my skin got irritated from eating everyday, so we end-up having spaghetti & sandwiches for a break. But we try to stick with Korean food lol, that's the point of travelling & the fun part --Immersing yourself completely in the culture!
 
 

-END-

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment